The 11th St Francis Sport Summer Series will kick off on Monday 18 December 2017, and will consist of a variety of events plus a few charity events, the last being a Full Moon Walk on Tuesday 2 January.
Sporting enthusiasts can look forward to the usual swimming, running, cycling and paddling as well as combinations of these disciplines at different venues in St Francis and Cape St Francis.
The full sporting programme is as follows:
- Monday 18 December 08:00 Cape St Francis Resort Road Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5, 10km)
- Tuesday 19 December 08:00 Canal Swim, Sea Glades Drive (bank to bank, 500m, 1km, 2km, 3km)
- Wednesday 20 Dec 08:00 Trail Run, Eskom Conservation Reserve, Duneridge Country House, St Francis Bay (5km, 15km)
- Thursday 21 December 08:00 Duathlon (Swim and Run), Sea Glades Drive, (500m swim/3km run, 1km swim/6km run)
- Friday 22 December 08:00 St Francis Field Extreme Duathlon (MTB & Trail Run), St Francis Field (5km run, 15km MTB)
- Saturday 23 December 08:00 parkrun, St Francis Links
- Saturday 23 December Carey Olsen Shark Point Challenge
- Sunday 24 December 07:30 Talhado Road Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5km, 10km)
- Wednesday 27 December 08:00 Chas Everitt Triple Challenge, Sea Glades Drive, St Francis Bay (300m swim, 3km run, 3km paddle)
- Wednesday 27 December 10:00 Liquid Lines Water Polo, Sea Glades Drive, St Francis Bay
- Thursday 28 December 07:30 FOSTER Trail Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5km, 10km)
- Thursday 28 December 09:30 Sporty Anderson Surfski Challenge, St Francis Main Beach
- Friday 29 December 08:00 Pam Golding Properties Quadrathlon, Sea Glades Drive (12km cycle, 300m swim, 3km run, 3km paddle)
- Saturday 30 December parkrun, St Francis Links
- Sunday 31 December 08:00 Dorma MTB Challenge, Duneridge Country House (15km, 30km)
- Monday 1 January 17:00 Canal Canoe Challenge, Sea Glades Drive
- Tuesday 2 January 19h30 for 20h00 New Moon Walk/Run in aid of SANCCOB, CSF Main Beach Parking Area (5km)
Registration can be done on the day, 60 minutes before the event at each respective venue, and race briefing will be 15 minutes before the start. Multiple events can be done as teams or individuals, in age categories under 14, under 17 and open.
The entry fees:
R80 for adults, and R60 for all under 14’s.
All events start at 08:00 unless otherwise indicated (please check the programme).
For more information, contact Eric and Esti Stewart on 082 394 7363 or 073 825 0835.
Entry forms are available at St Francis Tourism and Custom Bikes.
The annual St Francis Field Fly-In will be hosted on 28 December and is an open day to visit the Airpark from 07:30. A wide variety of aircraft and helicopters will be flying in and skydivers will be dropping in, with tandem skydives available (weather permitting).
The second annual Bestmed Chokka Trail Run will take place on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 August 2017, organised by St Francis Sport and hosted by the Cape St Francis Resort. Make sure you get your entry in as a late registrations fee will be applicable on race weekend.
On Saturday afternoon, 5 August the u/12’s can compete in a 1km and 3 km race. On Sunday, while the older children and parents compete, the Cape St Francis Resort will offer an adventure sport programme for these juniors so parents can run with peace of mind.
The main event for Sunday is the Ultra, a 62km distance that will kick off at 05h00. This distance is the only one to include the popular Sand River, the highlight of the Chokka Trail.
The 30km distance will start at 7h00, and the 23km and 18km will start at 7h30. Race briefing is 15 minutes prior to the start.
At 11h00 a 5km Family Fun Run will start and finish at the Resort. This race, as well as the 1&3km races, are in aid of the Aurora Rehabilitation Centre in Port Elizabeth.
The staggered starting times will ensure that most runners will be back by midday for the festive prize giving ceremony at 13h00.
Walkers are welcome in the 23km and 18km distances. Ultra and 30km runners will have to download the ORGSU App to ensure tracking and check in times at various waterpoints. They can also leave a draw bag at the 15km/45km waterpoint at Duneridge Country House as well as at the 30km waterpoint at the Oyster Bay Beach Lodge.
The Cape St Francis Resort offers a crazy weekend special: book 2 nights but pay for 1 at R300 per person sharing, while children under 12 stay for half price. Contact Anita Lennox on firstname.lastname@example.org to book, and remember to enquire about the children’s programme for Sunday.
Registration and number collection
Registration and number collection will be at Joe Fish Restaurant, Cape St Francis Resort.
Registration/number collection times:
1km and 3km: Saturday 5 August from 13h00
Ultra 62km: Saturday 16h00 – 20h00 only. No late entries on Sunday. Late entry fee applies.
30km, 23km, 18km: Saturday 16h00 – 20h00. Sunday from 06h00 – 07h00. Late entry applies.
5km: 09h00 – 10h45.
Saturday 5 August:
1km: 15h00 (race briefing 14h45)
3km: 15h30 (race briefing 15h15)
Prize giving: 16h00
Sunday 6 August:
62km Ultra: 05h00 (race briefing 04h45)
30km: 07h00 (race briefing 06h45)
23km/18km: 07h30 (race briefing 07h15)
5km: 11h00 (race briefing 10h45)
1km: R20, on race weekend R50
3km: R30, on race weekend R50
5km: R50, race weekend R60
18km: R100. race weekend R150
23km: R150, race weekend R200
30km: R250, race weekend R400
62km: R400, race weekend R600 (no entries on Sunday)
Online Entries are open till Saturday 5 August 12h00. Make sure you register first before you choose your race. In the event that you battle to enter online between Friday and Saturday, kindly email email@example.com before Saturday 5 August at 12h00 and you will not have to pay the late entry fee.
Results and statistics of the previous year: