The 11th St Francis Sport Summer Series will kick off on Monday 18 December 2017, and will consist of a variety of events plus a few charity events, the last being a Full Moon Walk on Tuesday 2 January.
Sporting enthusiasts can look forward to the usual swimming, running, cycling and paddling as well as combinations of these disciplines at different venues in St Francis and Cape St Francis.
The full sporting programme is as follows:
- Monday 18 December 08:00 Road Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5, 10km)
- Tuesday 19 December 08:00 Canal Swim, Sea Glades Drive (bank to bank, 500m, 1km, 2km, 3km)
- Wednesday 20 Dec 08:00 Trail Run, Duneridge Country House, St Francis Bay (5km, 15km)
- Thursday 21 December 08:00 Duathlon (Swim and Run), Sea Glades Drive, (500m swim/3km run, 1km swim/6km run)
- Friday 22 December 08:00 Extreme Duathlon (MTB & Trail Run), St Francis Field (5km run, 15km MTB)
- Saturday 23 December 08:00 parkrun, St Francis Links
- Saturday 23 December Carey Olsen Shark Point Challenge
- Sunday 24 December 07:30 Talhado Road Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5km, 10km)
- Wednesday 27 December 08:00 Open Water Swim, Granny’s Pool (2km)
- Thursday 28 December 08:00 Open Water Swim Reserve Day
- Thursday 28 December 07:30 FOSTER Trail Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5km, 10km)
- Thursday 28 December 09:30 Sporty Anderson Surfski Challenge, St Francis Main Beach
- Friday 29 December 08:00 Quadrathlon, Sea Glades Drive (12km cycle, 300m swim, 3km run, 3km paddle)
- Saturday 30 December parkrun, St Francis Links
- Sunday 31 December 08:00 MTB Challenge, Duneridge Country House (15km, 30km)
- Monday 1 January 17:00 Canal Canoe Challenge, Sea Glades Drive
- Tuesday 2 January 19h30 for 20h00 New Moon Walk/Run in aid of SANCCOB, CSF Main Beach Parking Area (5km)
Registration can be done on the day, 60 minutes before the event at each respective venue, and race briefing will be 15 minutes before the start. Multiple events can be done as teams or individuals, in age categories under 14, under 17 and open.
The entry fees:
R80 for adults, and R60 for all under 14’s.
All events start at 08:00 unless otherwise indicated (please check the programme).
For more information, contact Eric and Esti Stewart on 082 394 7363 or 073 825 0835.
Entry forms are available at St Francis Tourism and Custom Bikes.
The annual St Francis Field Fly-In will be hosted on 28 December and is an open day to visit the Airpark from 07:30. A wide variety of aircraft and helicopters will be flying in and skydivers will be dropping in, with tandem skydives available (weather permitting).
View the results and times online:
Please note that the 2015 event will NOT take place on 9 August – a new date will be announced asap. Online entries are closed for now. Click here to enter registration
The sixth annual Enid Pretorius Properties Women’s Day Trail Run and Walk will take place on Sunday, 9 August in and around St Francis Bay, starting at 09h00. The main distance of the day is 26km, but due to the popularity of the route, the organizers introduced a new half marathon (21km) as well as a 15km distance through the areas normally closed to the public, and a 5km on the St Francis Bay Golf Course for our parkrunners and walkers.
“This is a walk to celebrate Women’s Day but runners and males are also welcome!” says organizer Eric Stewart. “We have introduced shorter distances to the original event as weather conditions on the day can change things into a challenge. We want everyone to have the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful surrounds.”
Participants will be transported to the 21km and 15km starting points just after the 26km kicked off.
The main race starts at the St Francis Golf Course adjacent to the offices, and proceeds through the St Francis Golf Course en route to the St Francis Links.
The first water point will be at the St Francis Links Service gate, where the 21km participants will be taken to for the start of this distance.The second waterpoint, on the Mostertshoek Road, will be the start of the 15km distance. No private vehicles will be allowed to enter the property, and participants will be dropped off together. The route will be along the Wild Side’s rocky shoreline. The third waterpoint will be at the Seal Point Lighthouse, from where runners and walkers will cross the Cape St Francis main beach and Shark Point to reach the fourth waterpoint at Port St Francis. They then will use the Two Harbours Walk route to get to the finish line at the Village Centre.
The route will be well marked and participants will each receive a description of the route to accommodate both runners and walkers. Some sections could be technical, especially towards the end.
Online entries can be done here on www.stfrancissport.co.za or collect your form from Enid Pretorius Properties in the St Francis Village Centre.
Entries are limited due to the sensitivity of the area.
Certificates will be awarded to the top three male and female winners in each distance. True to the original event, a prize will be given to the oldest and youngest participant of the main event, running or walking, it doesn’t matter.
- Registration and number collection: 07:00 – 08:45;
- Race briefing will take place at 08h45;
- Race starts: 09:00.
Start and Finish:
Enid Pretorius Properties offices, Village Centre
- Carry a water bottle or camel back which can be refilled at water points.
- Race numbers should be visible at all times.
- Neglect to check in at a water point might lead to disqualification and a fine.
- This is an honesty event – if you intent to run, don’t enter as a walker!
For more information, contact Esti Stewart on 073 825 0835 or Eric Stewart on 082 394 7363, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: 26 March 2016
LOCATION: Quaysyde Barbecue, Sea Glades Drive
– Junior sport event to begin at 2pm
– Open event to begin at 3pm
- Register individual entry:
- JUNIOR: 12 and Under – R40.00
- OPEN: 13 and over – R60.00
- Register team entry: (2 or 3 people per team)
- JUNIOR Team : 12 and Under (mixed age and gender)
- OPEN Team : 13 and over (single or mixed gender)
Junior Event : 12 and younger
(to begin at 2pm).
- Swim, jetty to bank and back again (+/- 80m)
- Run, 2 kms
- Paddle, 1km
- Girl & Boy per age group: Under 8, 10 and 12.
- Team category (mixed age and gender).
Open Event: 13 years and older
- 300m Swim
- 6km run
- 3km paddle
- Male & Female.
- Team (single or mixed gender).
The TRIPLE CHALLENGE is being sponsored by The Store, in association with RVCA.
Prizes for Tweens (6+)
Teens (13 – 17 )
Team prize for junior team.
Team prize for senior team
Online Registration closes At 12:00pm on Fri 25 March.
Registration is possible at venue.