The second annual Bestmed Chokka Trail Run will take place on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 August 2017, organised by St Francis Sport and hosted by the Cape St Francis Resort. Entry fees for registrations received before 6 March are reduced while late registrations fees will be applicable on race weekend.
The 10th St Francis Sport Summer Series will kick off on 19 December with the road run on a new route starting and finishing at the Cape St Francis Resort. Two more new events are on the programme, both going through the beautiful Duneridge Nature Reserve, a trail run as well as an MTB Challenge on 22 and 27 December respectively.
This year’s series consists of 9 events which includes a charity event in aid of SANCCOB. Sporting enthusiasts can look forward to the usual swimming, running, cycling and paddling as well as combinations of these disciplines at different venues in St Francis and Cape St Francis.
The programme is as follows:
- Monday 19 December 08:00 Road Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5, 10km)
- Tuesday 20 December 08:00 Swim, Sea Glades Drive (bank to bank, 500m, 1km, 2km, 3km)
- Wednesday 21 Dec 08:00 Duathlon (Swim and Run), Sea Glades Dr (500m swim/3km run, 1km swim/6km run)
- Thursday 22 December 08:00 Trail Run, Duneridge Country House (5km, 15km)
- Friday 23 December 08:00 Extreme Duathlon (MTB & Trail Run), St Francis Field
(5km run, 15km MTB)
- Tuesday 27 December 08:00 MTB Challenge, Duneridge Country House (15km, 30km)
- Thursday 29 December 08:00 Quadrathlon (cycle, swim, run, paddle), Sea Glades Dr
- Thursday 29 December 19h30 New Moon Walk/Run in aid of SANCCOB, CSF Main Beach (5km)
- Friday 30 December Open Water Swim, Granny’s Pool (2km)
- Sat 31 December 10:00 Open Water Swim Reserve Day (2km)
Registration can be done on the day, 60 minutes before the event at each respective venue, and race briefing will be 15 minutes before the start. Multiple events can be done as teams or individuals, in age categories under 14, under 17 and open.
The entry fees:
R80 for adults, and R50 for all under 14’s.
All events start at 08:00.
For more information, contact Eric and Esti Stewart on 082 394 7363 or 073 825 0835.
Entry forms are available at St Francis Tourism and Custom Bikes.
The inaugural Bestmed Chokka Trail Run will take place on Sunday 7 August 2016, starting and finishing at the Cape St Francis Resort. The main distance of the day is the 62km, where Gauteng celebrity runners Craig Hammer and Rudie Nel will challenging local runners to set the first Fastest Known Time (FKT) for the Chokka Trail Run.
Online entries for the 62km as well as the 30km, 23km and 16km are open.
The 9th Quiksilver Summer Series, proudly sponsored by Quiksilver and hosted by St Francis Sport, will kick off on 16 December with an MTB Night Ride and Trail Run. The Quiksilver Summer Series will once again include the popular MTB Night Ride and Run, plus two new events – a choice between swim or SUP and a Colour Run on New Year’s Day.
DATE: 26 March 2016 LOCATION: Quaysyde Barbecue, Sea Glades Drive TIME: – Junior sport event to begin at 2pm – Open event to begin at 3pm Register individual entry: JUNIOR: 12 and Under – R40.00 OPEN: 13 and over – R60.00 Register team entry: (2 or 3 people per team) JUNIOR Team : 12 and Under (mixed age and gender) OPEN Team : 13 and over (single or mixed gender) ...
The first Full Moon Beach Run & Walk, held on Monday 5 January 2015 from the Cape St Francis Resort, saw 250 plus runners and walkers enjoy a beautiful evening on the beach in this free and fun event.