The 11th St Francis Sport Summer Series will kick off on Monday 18 December 2017, and will consist of a variety of events plus a few charity events, the last being a Full Moon Walk on Tuesday 2 January.
Sporting enthusiasts can look forward to the usual swimming, running, cycling and paddling as well as combinations of these disciplines at different venues in St Francis and Cape St Francis.
The full sporting programme is as follows:
- Monday 18 December 08:00 Cape St Francis Resort Road Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5, 10km)
- Tuesday 19 December 08:00 Canal Swim, Sea Glades Drive (bank to bank, 500m, 1km, 2km, 3km)
- Wednesday 20 Dec 08:00 Trail Run, Eskom Conservation Reserve, Duneridge Country House, St Francis Bay (5km, 15km)
- Thursday 21 December 08:00 Duathlon (Swim and Run), Sea Glades Drive, (500m swim/3km run, 1km swim/6km run)
- Friday 22 December 08:00 St Francis Field Extreme Duathlon (MTB & Trail Run), St Francis Field (5km run, 15km MTB)
- Saturday 23 December 08:00 parkrun, St Francis Links
- Saturday 23 December Carey Olsen Shark Point Challenge
- Sunday 24 December 07:30 Talhado Road Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5km, 10km)
- Wednesday 27 December 08:00 Chas Everitt Triple Challenge, Sea Glades Drive, St Francis Bay (300m swim, 3km run, 3km paddle)
- Wednesday 27 December 10:00 Liquid Lines Water Polo, Sea Glades Drive, St Francis Bay
- Thursday 28 December 07:30 FOSTER Trail Run, Cape St Francis Resort (5km, 10km)
- Thursday 28 December 09:30 Sporty Anderson Surfski Challenge, St Francis Main Beach
- Friday 29 December 08:00 Pam Golding Properties Quadrathlon, Sea Glades Drive (12km cycle, 300m swim, 3km run, 3km paddle)
- Saturday 30 December parkrun, St Francis Links
- Sunday 31 December 08:00 Dorma MTB Challenge, Duneridge Country House (15km, 30km)
- Monday 1 January 17:00 Canal Canoe Challenge, Sea Glades Drive
- Tuesday 2 January 19h30 for 20h00 New Moon Walk/Run in aid of SANCCOB, CSF Main Beach Parking Area (5km)
Registration can be done on the day, 60 minutes before the event at each respective venue, and race briefing will be 15 minutes before the start. Multiple events can be done as teams or individuals, in age categories under 14, under 17 and open.
The entry fees:
R80 for adults, and R60 for all under 14’s.
All events start at 08:00 unless otherwise indicated (please check the programme).
For more information, contact Eric and Esti Stewart on 082 394 7363 or 073 825 0835.
Entry forms are available at St Francis Tourism and Custom Bikes.
The annual St Francis Field Fly-In will be hosted on 28 December and is an open day to visit the Airpark from 07:30. A wide variety of aircraft and helicopters will be flying in and skydivers will be dropping in, with tandem skydives available (weather permitting).Read More